Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Busy Weekend


I had this wonderful post for Autumn's 6th birthday but go figure my computer would not cooperate in downloading my pictures.  And what is a post without pictures.  Autumn lost her 3rd tooth on Friday night after a mishap of crashing into the couch and loosening it even more with a lot of blood.  So mom did the honor of wiggling it until it came out.  We properly placed it under her pillow in hopes the tooth fairy would make a visit. Sure enough Saturday morning she informed me that she had indeed visited us during the night.

Family made the long drive to our house to celebrate with us on Saturday.  Autumn is tickled that she said goodbye to......



And hello to .........



I asked her if being 6 felt any different than being 5 and she assured me it does. 

After opening presents (and a fight with her brother)



We had some cake (excuse my sloppy icing job)



On Sunday, her actual birthday, we left hubby to some peace and quiet for Father's Day and went swimming in Grand mom's pool. 

It is so hard to believe that 6 years ago on Father's Day I woke hubby up at 8:30 informing him I thought I was in labor.  Leaving the house at 9:35 for a 45+ minute ride to the hospital, but arriving there in 25 minutes.  To hubby passing out on me and holding her in my arms just 20 minutes after arriving.  It is a day that will be ingrained in my heart and mind forever.   

Happy Birthday my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment