Thursday, June 17, 2010

Holy Cow!



I can't believe it's been almost two months since my last post.  Where has the time gone?  Every Memorial weekend I have my yard sale.  This year I was determined to get rid of stuff.  I sat back and thought do 4 people really need all this stuff.  We moved from an old house with no closets to a house with lots of closet space but they are all full.  So I spent a good month pricing and going through everything.



Since it was calling for a chance of rain, I had to place most of the items on the front porch. 



I was tickled pink whenever someone bought something.  That was just one less item I had to pack back up.



All my regulars showed up once again.  I priced the items extremely cheap so they would sell, plus people are extremely cheap.  I ended up only having to load the Suburban once to take to Goodwill versus three. So all in all it was a success.

The week prior hubby and I went to Lucketts, VA to their antique flea market.  I wasn't exactly in the right mind frame when we went as I had pulled my back completely out of whack contorting myself to reach for something in the back seat for the kids and I was in a lot of pain.  I had my camera with me but I didn't snap one single picture.  It was crowded and I just didn't have it in me to really look at stuff and get some deals. I did end up buying my antique fireplace that I wanted to frame out the kid's chalkboard wall.


Isn't she beautiful?  If Autumn had it her way it would remain pink.



I fell in love with the simple details.



But I really fell in love with the back.  Hubby turned it upside down when loading it and we saw this.



How cool is that? 

So even though I was in pain this made the 1 1/2 hour trip worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment