Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goodbye Kindergarten

Today Logan had his kindergarten graduation.  I knew this day was coming but still it was bittersweet.  While Rob and I made the decision a couple of months ago to put him into the public school system I wondered today if we were making the right decision.   Here is a school that has turned into a second family.  All the students and teachers know each other on a level you can just never achieve in the public school.  The closeness with the students he developed and I wondered should he stay.  I still think it will be better for him to move on but maybe my doubt is part of the unknown in how he will succeed with a larger class size and more distraction.  The Christian school has helped shape him with respect and responsibility and I can only hope that we can keep that moving forward.  


The graduating class of 2012




He received an award for social studies, outstanding improvement in reading, library award - Fruit of the Spirit Joy, Music, math achievement, counting and number recognition and a leadership award.


Here he is getting his diploma.


How does this picture not make you smile?  

We had a picnic lunch afterwards which was nice.  Autumn and Logan played with the other kids for several hours while I chatted with the teachers and other mothers.  Now the summer officially begins for them.  Friday Fun Days, Park Quest, Sailabration, vacation and YMCA here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment