Thursday, July 5, 2012

Park Quest Update

Well the summer is just flying by!  A little over a month into our Park Quest we have completed 7.  Most of the parks we have visited I have never been to before.  I don't know about the kids but I myself have learned quite a bit.  

Last week we visited Dan's Mountain near Frostburg, MD.  This is a park that is definitely tucked away and had it not been on the list of parks with quests I don't think I ever would have gone.  We trekked through the woods for our quest all the while I was thinking of "lions and tigers and bears, oh my".  We saw some suspicious tracks but I cared not to dwell on them and just make as much noise as we possibly could plus it was really hot that day.


After we were done our quest we headed into Lavale for lunch and then we headed back to Dan's mountain because they have a pool.  It wasn't as crowded as I thought it was going to be and the water was cool so that's all that mattered on a 95+ degree day.  The pool wasn't your typical chlorine pool.  It was salt water with just a small hint of chlorine which was nice.  You didn't leave with your eyes burning and smelling like it.


It had two water slides but I didn't think Logan was ready to do it yet.  I couldn't have one do it and not the other.



Can I just say they crack me up with their goggles on.


Doesn't she just look uncomfortable?


He's were so loose I'm surprised they stayed on.

Now I have to decided which one we will conquer tomorrow.  It's suppose to be another scorcher tomorrow as well.  To bad all the parks don't have pools.




No comments:

Post a Comment