Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's a Goal

Time always seems to fly by.  Summer has just begun and before you know it, the kids will be back in school.  A reason my blog has not been kept up to date is because of school.  


I just finished up a crazy semester of a business law class, microeconomics, and two accelerated non credit math classes.  It was challenging to say the least but I got it done.  


My crazy semester was all part of my bigger goal of getting my A.A. in Business Administration in December of this year. This was one of my many goal's for this year.  I registered for 2 classes this summer and 2 in the fall.  I don't think I get a break until then.  But I set the goal that if I was gonna do this I was doing it and doing it fast.  

 To be honest, I've actually enjoyed it.  I like to learn new things and to challenge myself.  I could seriously be a life long student.  That is part of the reason it has taken me so long to even get this A.A.  My major has changed umpteen times since I was a senior taking college courses.  I don't even know if Business Administration is a good fit for me but I was so close so I figured I should just get it done.  Whatever I choose to go on to, I think I will still get a minor in it.  This is all part of a bigger picture that I hope will come to fruition but only time will tell along with a lot of hard work.

With so much on my mind and on my plate I wonder if taking summer classes was the right choice, but we shall see.  Can't say that I am in love with my statistics class or my art class but I just have to keep pushing through.  I am very excited for my meteorology class!  I can't wait for that one.  That is why I think in moving forward that the degree I choose should be a science degree.  That is just what gets me and I enjoy all aspects so much.  

One of the things I have learned in starting back to school is that so much makes sense now that I have actually gone out in the real world and lived prior to completing school.  The second thing I have learned is I can not do what I am doing for the rest of my life.  I don't want to just have a job to collect a paycheck.  I want so much more for myself than that.  I want to feel passionate and enjoy going to work.  I loved my job for the first 3 years but once I tackled it and made it more efficient and organized I was bored and still am.  Sure a problem comes along every now and then that mentally challenges me, but I can't accept that for the rest of my life.  Sure there are plenty of people who would love my job and do well in it.  Personally for me, it just isn't for me.  Maybe I should feel thankful I figured it out before I was older, but now I am wondering what am I truly good at and just feeling a bit lost.



No comments:

Post a Comment