Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Birthday Recap

Ugh!  This birthday recap post has been on my to do list but every time I go to sit down I get distracted.  Then I'll think about it a week later and I repeat the process.  Logan had a good birthday, nothing big, just a small and quiet gathering.  But let's rewind a couple of weeks. 

Back in June, Logan declared he wanted to change his birthday to the summer time so that he could do something fun for his birthday since we had taken Autumn to the beach and had a cookout for her's.  We couldn't quite get away with doing that for his in October.  So I racked my brain and their wasn't anything that stood out to me around here.  He loved the go karts this summer so after doing some research the four of us ended up going to Adventure Park USA since he would be able to ride them.  I had taken advantage of a Groupon deal so we were all set. We went 2 weeks before his birthday since the outdoor attraction's would be closed for the season and Dennis aka Granddad also came.

This was their first ride of the day.  Nothing like getting scrambled first thing.

Here is Autumn racing around the track.  The first time they went she had a much faster car.  The next time both their cars were painfully slow.

We decided to play a round of miniature golf.  I forgot how long playing 18 holes takes.  If I remember correctly Rob won.


 The kids really wanted to mine for "treasure" so I got each of them a bag.  They ended up mining pretty rocks which they were very happy with.

After lunch the kids decided they wanted to go on this stomach settling ride.  I talked Rob into going with them, but I don't think he was all that appreciative afterwards. 

As I said above we didn't want to do anything big for his birthday, so we just invited family.  Nice and simple. He picked what we were having for lunch which included hamburgers, hot dogs, veggies, fruit and some chips.



The anticipated present time.

He picked out his cake.  


All in all it was a nice day!  


While the kids enjoyed Adventure Park, I don't think I'd be willing to go back.  The roller coaster was scary as heck, not because it was twisty and turny, I was terrified of him and myself coming out of the darn thing.  They need more outside attractions to make it more inviting and worth while.  Especially for the money you have to pay to get in.










No comments:

Post a Comment