Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rubbish

Garbage has to go somewhere right? My neighbor has 4 trash can's in her kitchen for seperating biodegradable, recyclable, trash and something else.  I just want one.  I have owned at least 10 different trash cans since I have been married to hubby.  



















We've owned a couple of these, but someone (me) has a habit of filling the trash can to where this type of lid won't open.  So I've always gotten rid of them.  Why I've bought more than one is unknown to me.  I've had the ones with the flat tops you push on a button thingy and it flips up. I've had the step on kind but something fails and when you step on it it doesn't go up so whats the purpose of that.



















I splurged and bought one of these numbers but it didn't hold enough garbage.  Seriously I have better things to do than take out garbage several times a day.  It got downgraded to the laundry room and serves it purpose just fine for lint.

  For some inexplicable reason trash cans do not last long with us.  Our current trash can is broken.  Imagine that!  It is one of those with a flat top that flips up with the push of a button type thingy.  We'll that button type thingy is broken on one side and most of the times the door won't stay closed.

I searched online for trash cans that looked neat and served its purpose.  I want a pretty tight sealing trash can.  In the winter time with radiant heat the trash can heats up and starts smelling which I hate.  So I stumbled upon this















I absolutely fell in love with it.
















I'd even be happy with this one. But I can't find it available in the US.  I mean I've spent hours looking online,  I even toyed with the idea of having it shipped.  But I just can't justify that expense over a trash can.  Maybe I can find a similar substitute.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny...I so need a new trash can too...but can never find the right one.

    ReplyDelete