Thursday, March 11, 2010

Puppy Love

How can you resist this?  This is our new addition we added to the family a couple of days before Christmas.  She was my Christmas present.  I would have gladly returned my new Kitchenaid mixer to get her. 

We went exploring one Saturday and ended up at a pet store.  I'm a such a sucker.  Low and behold they had a cairn terrier there.  We got her out and played with her but didn't take her home.  A week later I made a long detour and ended up back there.  I played with her but still didn't take her home.  I just couldn't bring myself to buy from a pet store.  We did it once and ended up with poor Grover.  He's a good dog but he has his issues.  So the next Sunday I happened to be reading the local newspapers online classified ads and there it was.  We had just gotten hammered with a boat load of snow and hubby was out clearing our driveway.  He said give her a call.

I went back out a couple of minutes later and said she had a brindle female and that I asked the lady to hold her.  His response "when do you want to go?", "um, whenever you're ready".  We loaded up the kids and off we went and came home with her.  Her name is Zoe.  Since we had Oscar and Grover we had to keep up with the seasame street theme.  


We all absolutely love her.  The kids fight over who gets to let her out of her crate.  The other two dogs are getting plenty of excercise with her chasing and playing with them.   She is a digger can't wait to see what the backyard will look like this summer.  All she has ever had outside is snow since we have brought her home.  She loves it.

Happy and madly in puppy love.

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment