Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Weekend

I dropped the kids off at mom's on Friday night.  They had a movie night with popcorn and root beer floats. I came home and started priming the rest of the upper cabinets on one wall.  Then I went and got hubby and me our favorite chinese food.  Saturday I painted more of the cabinets after I took a break and went to a couple of  flea markets.  Came home empty handed.  Saturday night hubby and I enjoyed a nice meal at the Log Cabin.  Sunday morning I picked the kids up.  They were good on Sunday, no fighting.  I let them go outside for awhile since it was fairly nice.  You would have thought the kids won the lottery.  They were yelling and running around like crazy.  Up until Logan got hit in the face by the teeter totter swing.  Agh!  Took forever to get the blood to stop running down his face. 

Back to the cabinets, I absolutely love the way they look.  I ordered some cup pulls in satin nickel off of ebay and it just looks fabulous.  Can't wait to finish and see what the island and the new lights all tied in together will look like.

Here is a before picture. 














Here is the window that is so bright now with a little bit of white paint.














I have never liked the kitchen since we moved in.  It just didn't give me the feel I was looking for.  The cabinets were not stained the proper color nor the trim.  But realizing we get no direct sunlight in the house it is rather dark.  And as hubby says painting is cheaper than skylights.

No comments:

Post a Comment