Monday, April 26, 2010

Memorable Weekend

It has been a memorable weekend to say the least.  It was not what I had in mind.  It was raining and just plain ucky outside to do anything productive.

It started on Friday with Autumn waking up with a sore throat and a low grade fever.  Ok, no bid deal I'll keep you home from school and we'll go to the food store as the kids call it.  She rapidly deteriorates while were shopping and has a full meltdown on the way to check out.  She's crying hysterical saying she's tired and wants to go to bed.  Ok, seriously it's 10:30.  She must really be sick.  We get home I take her temp and it's 103.5.  Now the mommy guilt kicks in for even taking her out.  After dinner I look at her throat and now it is fire engine red with red bumps and puss.  Lovely.  Call doctor he says wait until the office reopens in the morning and bring her in.  Friday night she slept maybe 5 hours because the pain was so bad and motrin wasn't helping.  Saturday we get in and the rapid strep comes back negative.  But she had also developed a rash in her groin area which has spread upwards on the rest of her body.  Doc thinks its strep with a scarletta rash, a.k.a. Scarlet Fever.  She said if she feels better tomorrow on the antibiotics that will be the indication that this is what she has.  After an itchy, crying night she finally started feeling better Sunday.

I kept her home today just for good measure and to get some more rest.  Now I'm just hoping Logan doesn't get it.  It was no fun with Autumn I can only imagine how he would be.  And it's awful being a mom and not being able to do anything to make it go away.  You just have to patient and let the medicine kick in.  I am hoping for a better week and weekend.

On a side note the electrician came by on Saturday and installed my new lights and moved the island.  I'll show pics later.

No comments:

Post a Comment