Thursday, April 1, 2010

Nothing is ever easy

Why is it everytime I make up my mind on something, something always goes wrong?  I won these lights on ebay.
















I love these lights I scored one for $39 plus shipping and the other for $29 plus shipping.  One of them had been damaged.  The cord was frayed and the wire had a chunk missing out of it.  Ok, no big deal since the seller had refunded me the money plus shipping so it was free.  How hard could it be to find a replacement cord.  Let me tell you it has been impossible.  I even ended up at a swanky antique dealer that also specializes in antique lights and he could not find this color of cord.  So I settled for white, but the supplier would only sell him 250' worth.  I only needed 20'.  So now I am thinking to just replace the cord without the rayon covering and take it off the other one.  Our ceilings are so high that I won't be utilizing the pulley on it anyways.  I just don't know, I am so depressed over it.

Then to our kitchen countertops.  I thought I was going to go with stainless on our island as I can get it from one of our suppliers at work pretty cheap and the shop forman will weld it, grind it and polish it for me.  But them someone said I will completly hate it and another said it will be too industrial.










I still love the idea of stainless because it will reflect light and with no direct sunlight in the house I thought it would help.  I don't think this picture looks all that industrial.  So then I went back to my drawing board and discovered this at Ikea.



















And I love this too but guess what they don't have any in stock at the nearest store nor the ones with a 3+ hour drive.  I wanted to do soapstone on the rest of the countertop than someone made me doubt that decision as well.  I am totally frustrated and in a rut.
I think both would look good in the kitchen with the cabinets painted.


This is the kitchen island.
















Here is a picture of the two colors together.
So now I am just stuck and depressed.

1 comment:

  1. You shouldn't be depressed- your kitchen is ROCKIN! :-)

    Just give it a minute...it will all come together- I know it. I believe in you!

    Layla
    :-)

    ReplyDelete