Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Kitchen

All the painting of the cabinets and walls has finally been completed.  What a long process that was.  I never expected to paint my cabinets, but with them having never been the color we wanted and trying to strip and stain was not going well, paint was the most appealing option.  The kitchen for the time is done, but it is not done.  Here is the before
These pictures were taken at the very beginning when I was picking out colors.  See the paint colors above the window.


The cabinets had started to yellow over time and I absolutely hated it.  With no direct sunlight into the house because of the porch overhang it was rather dark.
Here is the after

Hardware I got off of ebay.


Hubby picked out the color's.  I'm not sure about the blue though.

Here it is do date.  I ordered the stainless steel from one of our suppliers at work and then the shop forman welded the corner's for me. I think the front of the island needs something.  I really want to put beadboard on it.  The other countertops need to be addressed as well.  I have no idea what I want or what would look right.  I also want to tile the backsplash and I am dreaming of an apron front sink.  I just don't know about that blue.

 

2 comments:

  1. Your kitchen look so bright now...I love it...and I like the pop of color with the blue...and your right...I think adding some beadboard to the island would look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cabinets! I've been wanting to paint mine for some time..& I love the blue!
    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete