Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Office Area

Back in February I decided to tackle the great room, which includes the kitchen, living room, dinning room and an office area.  When we built the house we decided the computer and desk would go in this space so it was easily accessible and to be able to monitor the kids on the computer once they got old enough.  Sometimes I wish I had an office but the only other option would be to move the laundry room downstairs and move the office in there.  But I really don't want to tote the insane amount of laundry up and down the stairs.  So for now this will have to do until we finish the basement. 

Our desk is dark and it never seems like we have enough room on the desktop.  It just didn't feel right.

It's just an unorganized cluster. I was at a loss of what to do with it. So one day while I was out in blogosphere,
I fell in love with a picture that Melanie over at My Sweet Savannah posted.

This made my heart go pitter patter. 

So after some paint, we ended up with this
 (excuse the picture, I didn't have enough proper lighting)


Some new hardware



Locker baskets I got off ebay for $12 a piece and lined with burlap.



The mini curtain rod with clips to display the kids weekly art work.


This whole space still needs to be refined but it's coming along.  Once the kids are back in school I can focus on it again.



P.S. 4 more days until we leave for vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment