Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Houses of Cape May

When we took our horse drawn carriage ride we got to see a lot of the charming houses of Cape May.  They take you back to a time and place and you can just sit there and imagine the town then.  I could have gladly moved into one of these houses but with price tags starting at $1,000,000 and up, I think I'll have to pass.  The whole town is registered with the Historical Society.  The houses have to be painted every 3-5 years and the colors must be approved.  No two house is alike.

This wasn't a good shot.  But they have these lovely shade trees down most streets.



I love the architecture on this house.



Excuse my grandfather's head.  Look at the details!



This house was in the process of being renovated. Just look at the upper level porch.



This is an old restaurants that the wealthy frequented that you can still eat in today.  They are know for their fried chicken.  The kids dine separately from the adults.  Wish we had gone.



A lot of the houses had names.



This house I thought was just bright, cheery and playful.



Autumn liked this pink house.



This place was awesome!  It was massive.  You can stay in one of their rooms and dine up top for a hefty price.



It went on forever.


Another pink house.



I loved this house down to the fence.



Not a house color you see everyday.



I just loved the view from the water.



I can just imagine myself on one of the decks drinking my morning coffee as the sun comes up.  A girl can dream because I sure as heck couldn't afford to rent one of these babies.  They wanted serious buckaroos.

No comments:

Post a Comment