Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Vacation



We had a wonderful week in Cape May, NJ.  I think Rob was a little skeptical after our last vacation.  I think this time it was more relaxing and the kids were older.  Our last vacation Logan's vocabulary was just starting to emerge so we were still in the frustration phase for everyone involved. 

We packed the car Saturday night and Sunday morning we took off at around 9.  A little over 6 hours later and we arrived at our destination.  We were able to unpack the car before the sky opened up.  When I thought the rain was over we headed out for food and a grocery store.  Boy was I wrong!  The streets were flooding and roads were being closed due to high water.  I was so lost we had to stop at 7-11 for a map.  Other than that the weather was perfect.  It wasn't too hot like it had been and there was very little humidity.  The kids had a blast in the ocean as well as the lake at the campground. 



The lake water was very warm.  Warmer than what I like to swim in but the kids loved it. At this beach they only brought rocks home in their bathing suits and not sand. Made it easier to clean up.



Tuesday we headed on over to Wildwood.  I didn't want to pay to go to the beach at Cape May and have to continually feed the car meter.


It was along walk out there!


But so worth it when we got there.  The kids could walk out a good distance.


They were able to catch some good waves that way.



They even had ice cream carts going up and down the beach.



I think he's munching on some sand in this picture.  I brought home about a cup of sand in my bathing suit.



Great-granddad arrived on Tuesday night. He came by way of the ferry.



The kids and I.





I was fortunate that my kids were completely content with riding this quarter rides.  I was not paying $35 per kid to ride the rides at the Wildwood boardwalk.





Granddad wanted to go to the beach so we headed back there again on Wednesday.



That's all for now.  I think I better get back to work.  I'll be back tomorrow with some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment