Wednesday, August 25, 2010

School has begun

Our wonderful summer has come to an end.  Autumn started back to school yesterday.  She was so excited to get on that bus and be on her way. 


There she goes.  No hug and no kiss for mom. 

Now the big test was this morning.  Logan began preschool down at the local Christian school.  They contract with the school district for bus transportation. I can't drop him off since I start work at 7:30.  He is suppose to ride the regular bus that goes by Grandmom's house and get off at the elementary school with Autumn.  He then needs to transfer a different bus that goes to the Christian school.  A little confusing.  Then throw in the mix that he is hearing impaired and doesn't have the comprehension yet how do you explain this?  You really can't.  So I woke up numerous times last night just dreading today.  I was so nervous this morning my stomach was doing flips.  I made sure I didn't eat anything because I'm sure it wouldn't have stayed down. 

He was so excited to go to his "new school" as he calls it.  He had been going to an early intervention classroom and getting speech therapy.  The therapists will still see him at the new schhol.  He finally gets to ride a yellow schoolbus and not a minivan.





Watching the bus come up the hill. 

When the bus stopped I completly forgot to take a picture.  I was bent on talking to the bus driver to make sure he didn't get lost.  She assured me that he should be fine and that they were actually asking for him yesterday but his school didn't start until today. 

I can't wait to go home and see how the day went and to make sure my son arrived back at Grandmom's safe and sound and didn't get lost.

By far this was one of the hardest days for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment